Happiest country in the world
- The only country which measures its growth by happiness
- There are no beggars or homeless people
- The only Carbon Negative county in the world
- Plastic bags are banned for ecological reasons
- They don’t care about TV, radio, or the internet – simple living
- 50% of the country is protected as a national park
- The gap between normal people and royalty isn’t that far
- They have less pollution
- To maintain at least sixty percent of the land area under forest cover in its constitution
- And there is not a single traffic light post in the entire country (Edit 1: by , and I ve put this because people from banglore, mumbai, delhi know what a boon it is 😉 )
- The people of Bhutan celebrate the birth of the king and queen’s first son by planting 108,000 trees across the nation
- One more thing I would like to add here that Bhutan don’t kill any animal (not even a mosquito). Not a single. now you have a question that.. they are non-vegetarian people thn how they manage their food ?? simple.. they Import. Yes.. they Import all their meat from India. (Edit by )
Edit 2: As mentioned by, the king of Bhutan is so modest that he himself sits to chop the onions and stuff while serving food to the underprivileged. Adding a photo regarding the same!
Here’s the Ted Talk of Bhutan’s Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay. It is worth watching.