How can I Stop being average
Learn to persevere
- My 2nd Quora post has 366 views. My 6th Quora post has 98,000 views. My 13th Quora post has 548,000 views.
- My first book sold less than 50 copies. My second book has over 40,000 Kindle downloads.
- I had to make 14 iPhone apps just to get to 4 that made the top 100 in different categories
- Everyone sucks in the beginning. It’s what you do after the beginning that counts.
Find 5 awesome people crushing it in life
- Spend time with those people. You are who you spend your time with. Awesomeness is contagious.
Find your purpose
- Purpose will fuel your motivation
- Imagine waking up every day excited for you’ve set out to accomplish. That passion alone will propel you to the next level.
Take action now
- Getting started is half the battle. Just focus on getting started. The inertia will keep you going.
Understand the value of time
- Your time here is so freaking valuable. Do you really want to look back one day and ask “what if?”
- Better to look forward and to say “what’s possible?”
- Most people don’t push themselves to be better than average mainly because they never have a sense of urgency. Understanding the value of time changes that.
- Life is short. Make the most out of your time here.