Cricket has a way of surprising everyone and over the years there have been cases when things are just too much of a coincidence
Here are 6 such occasions which have left even the most logical cricket fan in a state of shock.
1. First ODI double ton and first World Cup 200 were scored exactly 5 years apart!
Sachin Tendulkar scored 200 not out on February 24, 2010. Chris Gayle hit 215 in the 2015 World Cup on the same day.
2. An Indian player recording the highest individual ODI score sees the same victory margin.
Virender Sehwag (219), Rohit Sharma (264) and Sachin Tendulkar (200*) set world records and India won every match by 153 runs.
3. At the age of 26, Virat Kohli and Sachin Tendulkar both had 22 ODI hundreds
Kohli was quicker with 143 innings while Tendulkar had taken 206 innings.
4. The similarities between VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid
Both made their debut in 1996.
Both played international cricket for 16 years.
Both involved in 300 run partnerships against Australia twice.
Both scored their last Test century at Kolkata in the same match against West Indies.
Both involved in highest run partnership for 5th wicket for India in Tests.
Both played their last Test series against Australia.
Both players’ last overseas Test series is in Australia.
Both took their first Test wicket in the same match against West indies.
Both helped India in winning the historical Kolkata Test.
5. The curious case of Alec Stewart
He was born on April 8, 1963 (8-4-63) — the exact tally of runs he ended his Test career with, 8463!
6. Great coincidence of MS Dhoni
Dhoni’s first Test and ODI hundred both came in his 5th match, were both scores of 148 and both were scored against Pakistan. Cool coincidence indeed for Captain Cool!
Article by : Somak Adhikari