Change is good, but changing yourself for someone or something isn’t. That’s because, you will be losing your identity, your unique persona and your own dignity. You should be accepted for who you are and not for who you pretend to be. Here’s why you need to keep your chin up and not change a damn thing for anybody…
1. You don’t need to don the ‘hot-chick’ look, just because your crush hates your kurtis
Dressing the way you want is your personal style. Changing it for someone means losing your sense of style and imitating someone else. Therefore, what you wear should be your say.
2. You should put your foot down when someone tells you to opt for a different food choice
If you love meat more than anything else in the world, then you can’t be convinced to turn into a vegan. You are what you eat. Be it heavy non-vegetarian food or vegetarian, you shouldn’t be judged for what you eat.
3. You can’t suddenly forget Jagjit Singh ghazals because your friends love the Beatles
We get easily influenced by pop culture today. It keeps throwing various music genres at us, which we pick up, listen to and add to our favourites. What to listen to, is your choice. You can’t let your friends or anybody else force you to like their kind of music, because chances are you won’t.
4. You have to push back when your parents force you to take Science, but you want to study Arts
Choosing your own education stream should be completely up to you. You can’t let your parents decide what you will be good at in the future. Or else, you”ll be stuck studying subjects you don’t like.
5. You can’t be cajoled by any HR professional for a package lesser than your expectation
In this cutthroat corporate world, we want the best of everything. The best position, and the best package at the best company. However, smart HR professionals will always try to cajole you to take up a package that you actually deserve much more than. This is where you need to understand your worth and not budge from what you quoted.
6. You can’t change your friends because your partner hates them
Friends before trends, bros before hoes and sisters before misters. Simple!
7. You should never change your schedule for anyone
If you treat time as money, then you must be very particular about how you spend it. You should never let someone come between you and your schedule.
8. If you have a dream of making it big in Bollywood, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise
Don’t let anyone try to persuade you to quit your dreams. Your dreams are the only reason you are where you are in life. While chasing them, you may come across disappointments and people will talk you into quitting your dreams. Never let that happen.
9. You are too attached to your old phone to buy a new one, but people call you stingy
Don’t give in to materialism. Continue using whatever you like and whatever you need till whenever you want to.
10. You don’t have to change your body when someone calls you fat
Your body is the last thing you want to torture. Instead of making it size zero, how about accepting it and following a healthy lifestyle?
11. When someone compels you to compromise your values, don’t
Your values are your identity. Don’t let anyone influence your mind and compel you to do evil.
Courtesy Citation : Indiatimes.com